Z718.3 → Toddler Storytime: Colours

Activity: Finding nametags

Opening songs:
Hands go up! (x2)
Open them, shut them (x2)

Book 1: And to name but just a few: red, yellow, green, blue / Laurie Rosenwald

Felt board: "I Have a Crayon" [from Storytime Katie]
I have a crayon, I'll give it to you.
Here is my crayon, my crayon of blue.
I have a crayon, a lovely little fellow.
Here is my crayon, my crayon of yellow.
I have a crayon, it's here on my head.
Here is my crayon, my crayon of red.
I have a crayon, what do I see?
Here is my crayon, an orange one for me.
I have a crayon, the best I've ever seen,
Here is my crayon, my crayon of green.

Song: "Pat-a-cake"
Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, baker's man.
Bake me a cake as fast as your can.
Roll it, pat it, and mark it with a B.
And put it in the oven for baby and me!

Action rhyme: "Two Little Blackbirds"
Two little blackbirds, sitting on a hill.
One named Jack, the other named Jill.
Fly away Jack, fly away Jill.
Come back Jack, come back Jill.

Book 2: Blue goose / Nancy Tafuri

Song: "Sing a Rainbow" (X2)
Red and yellow and pink and green,
Purple and orange and blue.
I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow,
I can sing a rainbow too.

Action song: "Teddy bear, teddy bear"
Teddy bear, teddy bear, turn around.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch the ground.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, reach up high.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch the sky.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, find your nose.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch your toes.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch your knees.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, sit down please.


Song: "Stir the Paint" [from: Stories with Ms. Jenna]
This is how we stir the paint,
Stir the paint, stir the paint,
This is how we stir the paint,
So early in the morning.
... dip the brush, paint the picture.

Craft: Crayon rubbings
I introduced this craft by handing out a blank, white sheet of paper and telling the kids to go nuts with creativity. There wasn't a specific thing to make this week, but I handed out crayons, markers, stickers, and some home-made rubbing plates - the idea for which I took from the blog "And Next Comes L." I thought the kids had a lot of fun just scribbling and having fun, while the adults really loved the idea of the rubbing plates to show the kids something new.

Goodbye Song: "The More we Get Together"

No comments:

Post a Comment