Z718.3 → Toddler Story Time: Easter

Opening songs:
Hands go up! (x2)
Open them, shut them (x2)

Book 1: Easter mice! / Bethany Roberts

Song: "If you're happy and you know it"

Fingerplay: "Easter Bunny" X2
Easter bunny, Easter bunny [use hands to form ears]
Small and white, [cup palms together]
Come and fill my Easter basket [pretend to fill basket]
Overnight. [pretend to sleep]
Book 2: Minerva Louise and the colorful eggs / Janet Morgan Stoeke

Song: "Mary had a little lamb"

Felt board Activity: "5 Little Easter Eggs" [I can't remember where I picked this up from, if you know let me know!]
Five little Easter eggs - I wish there were more!
Mother ate the green one - then there were four.
Four little Easter eggs - pretty as can be!
Daddy ate the blue one - then there were three.
Three little Easter eggs - I haven't got a clue
WHO ate the purple one - but that left two!
Two little Easter eggs - we're almost done,
Sister ate the pink one - that left one.
One little Easter egg - I'd better run!
'Cuz I ate that one -and now there are none!

Song: "Sleeping Bunnies"
See the little bunnies, sleep till nearly noon,
Shall we wake them with a merry tune?
Look how still ... are they ill?
Up little bunnies hop, hop, hop! (x3)
Hop! Hop! Hop!

Craft: construction paper Easter egg + colouring page

Goodbye Song: "The more we get together"

No comments:

Post a Comment